Wednesday 1 August 2012

Snopp Dogg changing his name to Snoop Lion??!!


 The hiphop star, Snoop Dogg says he has been “born again” during a visit to a Rastafarian temple in Jamaica, where he’d gone to record reggae tracks. He has therefore decided to dump hiphop for reggae, and says he is ready to make music that his kids and grandparents can listen to.

Snoop, whose real name is Calvin Broadus, said he went to Jamaica to get close to reggae legend Bob Marley’s roots. While visiting a Rastafarian temple, “the high priest” told him his name was no longer Dogg.

“He looked me in my eyes and said, ‘no more. You are… the lion,” Snoop Dogg said.

“As a 40-year-old man in the music industry and you know the artists call me Uncle Snoop – I gotta give them something. I’m a wise man in the music industry,” he said.

“Not that I’ll never do rap again because I’m gonna always do what I love, but right now I’m Snoop Lion and I’m having fun with this reggae.”

No comments: