Tuesday 21 August 2012

Babysitters sexually assult 3 babies

Three babysitters are in jail in St. Charles County for one of the most horrific cases of child sex abuse authorities say they’ve seen in years.Warrants were issued for Rebecca Sue Russell, John Scott Thomas III, and Billy Joe Bunch Jr.
 Lt. Craig McGuire of the St. Charles County Sheriff’s Department said the three regularly babysat for the victims ages 7 months, 3 years and 5-years old.
According to court documents, the suspects sexually assaulted all three children between April and May.The alleged abuse took place at a home near O’Fallon.

Russell and Thomas allegedly participated in the sexual assault of the 7 month old.
Neighbours are disgusted saying they always saw lots of activity at the homes. We also tried to talk to two men who allegedly lived in both homes but they didn’t have much to say. Parents like Amanda Milburn were shocked saying there are lots of kids in the area.

“I don’t even want to live here anymore because that’s not okay. I didn’t know any of that was going on. All I know is I’ve seen police down here and up the street. I didn’t feel it was suitable for my kids to be here so I sent my kids to my mom’s house,” said Milburn.

“I was horrified. It was right behind me. She lived right behind me and I had no idea that anything was going on. They never talked to nobody they never. You see kids in and out once in a while but not a whole lot,” said St. Charles mom Michelle Frazer.

Russell, Thomas and Bunch are currently being held at the St. Charles County Department of Corrections on a $200,000 bond each. The case has been referred to the prosecutor’s office for warrants and additional charges. Police say the investigation is ongoing.

No comments: