Sunday 19 August 2012

9ice changes name

Singer 9ice (aka Alapomeji) has changed his name , as part of a re-branding effort in the music industry.Formerly known as Abolore Adegbola Akande, 9ice said he is now taking up the names  Alexander, Abolore, Adegbola, Alapomeji Ajifolajifaola. Wow ! A mouthful.
 The Gongo Aso crooner said the reason for the name change is the desire to please his fans who have taken a liking to the name Alapomeji.

“When I set up Alapomeji records, I didn’t reckon on my fanstaking to the name. Now that they seem to love the name, I have decided to add it to my original names’”, he told Showtime.

On his father’s reaction to the new name, 9ice said, “Its my decision to adopt a new name and not my father’s. I am sure he will have nothing against my wish, knowing this is show business”

No comments: