Monday 17 October 2011

Teenage girl with 24 boyfriends commits suicide


Many hearts have been left broken in Pumula East suburb after a teenager who had become a popular figure following claims that she had 24 boyfriends committed suicide after being shown the exit by one of her lovers.
The teen’s family has since demanded compensation of US$2 800 from the man who ditched her. This is after a letter written by the Amhlophe High School pupil before taking her life implicated the boyfriend identified as Philani Saga (21) as the one who drove her to suicide.
In the letter written by the now deceased Londiwe Mpofu (18), she stated that she had won 24 hearts but her world crumbled after Saga parted ways with her. The other part of the letter read as: “Boyi, (Saga) I loved you so much and I am doing this because of the love I had for you”.


The teen’s pronouncements have landed her ex-lover in hot soup as her family now blames him for their daughter’s death and are demanding damages. Saga told our News that Londiwe was his  ex-girlfriend who did not want to let go although they separated in December.
“I parted ways with Londiwe last year in December but she kept on phoning me and last Saturday she sent me a message saying I should come and visit her.
“At around 8pm, I then asked my friends to accompany me to her place and upon arrival we whistled so she could come out but to our surprise she never did,” said Saga.
He said that a man believed to be a relative to the teen came out and threw a stone towards them. The missile is said to have landed on one of Saga’s friends which prompted them to take to their heels with the man in hot pursuit
They however made good their escape. Saga said on the following day a relative to the late teen came to his home and demanded a meeting with his parents.
“The following day, Londiwe arrived home in company of his uncle and a member of Pumula Residents Association called Jamela.
“They then asked me what I wanted from the Londiwe and they called her names accusing her of having many boyfriends,” he said.......

No comments: