Sunday 7 August 2011

Breaking News: Sam Loco Efe is dead

One of Nollywood's most talented actor/comedian Sam Loco Efe has died. News just coming in to said the talented actor  died in in his hotel room this morning in Owerri, Imo state. He is 66 years old. Nollywood watchers say this is another great loss to the Nigerian booming film and entertainment industry. Sam Loco Efe has been in the entertainment industry for more than three decades,and he is not only a comedian but does equally well in almost all other aspects of the entertainment industry.
He speaks Igbo, Yoruba and Hausa fluently, though he is not from any of these tribes, but comes from Benin, Edo State in South South Nigeria.

Sam once told an interviewer: "I seem to have a knack for languages. I had the interest to learn the languages as well. There is no language that is not important. I can speak Hausa 40 per cent; Igbo and Yoruba, 100 per cent. Of course, I can speak Benin language 100 per cent".

He can comfortably pass for an Igbo man, but said "I am not even from the Igbo-speaking part of the South South. I am from Benin. Most people keep saying I am from Benue. Some say I am an Ogbomosho man. Others feel this is ‘Omo Ibadan.’"

Sam Loco Efe have performed on stage and Television for over 47 years, but have been in the movies for about 35 years.Nigeria will surely miss this popular Nollywood actor and comedian whose career help jumpstart the Nollywood movie industry

1 comment:

wandy said...

So so sad! Rest in peace Sam loco Efe.